Topics covered on this page:
- How to Find the Best Keno Apps
- Is it Better to Play Mobile or Desktop Keno?
- Things to Check with Native Apps
- Playing at Android and iOS devices
- Which Are the Best Keno Games for Mobile Play?
How to Find the Best Keno Apps
When you’re looking for the best Android or iOS keno apps, you’ll first need to find a venue that includes this particular category. It isn’t always as prolific as some of the other casino games, but there are still plenty of sites where you’ll find it listed. You won’t experience any loss of quality when you swap to mobile play. You’ll be treated to superior graphics and audio, as well as seamless streaming. So, what exactly should you be looking for when you’re choosing an establishment?
- Safety and Security – Ideally, you should select a casino that’s licensed and regulated by a recognized authority. The UK Gambling Commission is a good example of this, but there are several others. In order to obtain a license, the casino will have to follow certain rules and guidelines that are designed to protect both personal and financial details.
- Bonuses and Promotions – These are worth checking out because they can be a great way of increasing your bankroll, as well as providing you with an opportunity to check out the quality of the casino and its games. Be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully.
- Banking Options – This isn’t the first thing that players think about when they are looking for the best casino. It should, however, feature near the top of any list. Even if you start playing for free, there will come a time when you will want to make a deposit, and hopefully, a withdrawal of your winnings. Look for a casino that offers a range of options, both in the methods of payments and currencies you can use.
- Software – Pick a casino that only uses tested software because then you can be certain the games are fair. You’ll have a number of different options when it comes to selecting platforms, so you’ll have plenty to choose from.
- Customer Support – If you’re using a mobile to play, it’s possible that you’ll be doing it out of office hours. Should you have any problems or need to ask a question, it will be very helpful if the customer support service is operational 24 hours a day. Being able to contact a representative in a variety of different ways is also going to be important. We like to use the live chat option when it’s available, but a manned phone line is a good alternative.
- System Requirements – Playing keno on your mobile isn’t necessarily going to use a lot of the memory on your device. Nevertheless, it’s worth checking that your system is compatible with the apps that you want to use.
- Terms and Conditions – These are the rules that you have to follow if you want to take advantage of promotions. They are also relevant when you’re making payments and for various other aspects of playing at an online casino. One area that you should check is the wagering requirements. These have to be fulfilled before you can withdraw any of your winnings.
- Recommendations – If you’ve got friends who enjoy playing keno, you can ask them for their recommendations. They will know which of the apps are good to use.
- Choice of Games – It has to be said that there isn’t always a wide choice available when it comes to mobile keno, so have a look around to see what is on offer.
Best Keno Apps
100% up to $500
100% up to $100
100% up to $100
|RealTime Gaming||Play Now!|
200 Free Spins
300 Free Spins
|RealTime Gaming||Play Now!|
100% up to $200
100% up to $200
|* New Casino at bet365 customers only. Deposit min. $10. Applies to first deposit to Casino only. Max. bonus $200. 15x wagering (game weighting applies) on deposit and bonus to make the bonus balance withdrawable. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
Is it Better to Play Mobile or Desktop Keno?
Choosing whether to download a native app or to play keno on your desktop is really a matter of personal choice. It all depends on what you’re looking for and which devices you’ll be using. In order to help you decide which is best for you personally, let’s look at some of the differences. You often find that website versions are more visually appealing. These are designed with better CPU speed, RAM, larger screen size, and much better internet connectivity. In contrast, mobile apps tend to be far more minimalist. However, some of you may consider this to be an advantage. There are fewer distractions, so you can really focus on your game.
The most popular welcome bonus is 100%. To be eligible for the bonus you’ll have to make a minimum deposit, often as little as $5 and there will be a maximum bonus amount you’ll be able to claim. You might also find a specific amount being offered as a bonus, rather than a percentage. But again, there will be a minimum deposit requirement. And both types of welcome bonus will have certain wagering requirements.
Other things to look out for are maximum cashout amounts and whether the bonus is automatic. It’s always good to have the option of opting out if you don’t want to be bogged down with meeting wagering requirements.
Things to Check with Native Apps
There are a number of things you need to consider before downloading and installing anything. Initially, you’ll need to check the app is compatible with the device you’re using. Next, you should explore the functions, as well as how it looks visually. The optimization is important, as you’ll want to be able to navigate easily, and to know that the features of the games are fully accessible on a smaller screen. You’ll also need to see which payment methods are supported and whether you can use different currencies. At first, it may be an idea to try to find some free versions. This will allow you to practice, and also give you the chance to see which ones you like.
Using an Android to Play at a Mobile Casino
Android is the leading platform, and the number of users is thought to be double that of iOS. There are a number of apps to choose from, some of which are designed especially for this operating system. Many of the online casino sites you visit will have a selection of free keno games, and you’ll also find some on a few of the review sites. If you want to download any of these, you might need to change the settings on your device to allow installations of third-party applications. Alternatively, you can head for the Google Play Store, and browse through the collections there.
Playing at a Mobile Casino with an iOS Device
Despite the popularity of Android, iOS still remains a favorite for many players. The system is ideal for mobile gaming because it has a multi-touch interface, which allows more direct interaction. Any games you play on these devices will run smoothly, and there will be regular updates. Keno looks amazing on this platform, and the apps can be used on both iPhones and iPads. These can be found in the Apple Store or on iTunes. There are also a number of casinos that provide downloads directly from the website, and you access these either by clicking on a link or by scanning a QR code.
Using a Mobile Browser
There are a number of reasons why you might not want to download keno apps onto your portable device, and the biggest one is the lack of storage space. For this reason, you may prefer to go for the instant play versions. In this situation, you’ll need to use your smartphone or tablet to log onto your online casino, and you will be given access to the mobile website. The games will be fully optimized so they function perfectly on the smaller screen. There are only a few points to note about this style of play. You will need access to an internet connection. However, wi-fi is readily available in most locations, so this isn’t usually an issue. The other point to check is your data usage. Some mobile packages have limits on how much of this you can use.
Which Are the Best Keno Games for Mobile Play?
When you’re choosing which version of keno you’d like to play, there are a number of factors to consider. There are lots of different varieties, and so your choice will depend on the elements of the game which are important to you. Do you want to play the basic version, or would you like to have the option of playing one of the many variations that are around? There’s also the possibility of aiming for a bigger win when you participate in one of the progressives.
Additionally, you should consider whether you’d like to be able to play other types of casino games on the app, as well. You might like the effortlessness of playing on a single card, or alternatively, the multi-card option could provide a little more excitement. There are also a number of interesting variants, such as Caveman or Cleopatra Keno. Ultimately, the decision will come down to personal preferences, but it’s still good to explore the options.
Are There Any Special Bonuses for Mobile Games?
The majority of the online casinos use bonuses to attract the attention of new players, and this remains the same when you opt to play on a smartphone or a tablet. Even if you sign up and register for an account in this way, you’ll be eligible for the welcome package. The venues also run a number of other special offers for their regular members, and these can change on a daily basis. It’s always worth checking the promotion pages on the websites to see what is available. It’s quite common to come across deals that are solely for mobile, and it’s great to take advantage of these.
|CASINO||GAME PROVIDER||LICENSE||TOP KENO GAME||BONUS|
||Playtech||UK Gambling Commission||
200 Free SpinsPlay Now!
|* New Casino at bet365 customers only. Deposit min. £10. Applies to first deposit to Casino only. Max. bonus £100. 15x wagering (game weighting applies) on deposit and bonus to make the bonus balance withdrawable. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
Who Are the Developers of Mobile Keno Games?
The majority of the leading software providers have invested in producing mobile versions of their products, and you’ll often find keno included in their selections. The simplicity of the game lends itself to this type of play, as the rounds are fast, and the results are instant. You can just use the touchscreen on your phone or tablet to pick your numbers, and then watch as the winning ones are revealed on the screen. It really is the perfect option for filling in a few spare moments.
- Playtech – This developer provides a standard version of keno. You can choose to play one or five rounds. Once you’ve placed your bet and selected your numbers, the winning ones scroll across the top of the board. The payouts are on the left and the results are on the right, so it’s easy to see how you’re faring during play.
- Microgaming – In terms of design, Microgaming has kept to a traditional feel. The numbers come out of a tube in this version, and the winners are highlighted on the grid.
- Mahi Gaming – This smaller developer teamed up with Microgaming to produce Monkey Keno. In this innovative version, the monkey throws coconuts at the grid, and if they land on the spots that you’ve chosen, you’ll win
- Pragmatic Play –In this variant, you can play 5, 10, 15, or 20 rounds. The numbers appear along the bottom of the screen when they are selected. The rounds and the hits are shown on the right and the payouts are on the left. All of the numbers drawn are marked with a cross, and the hits are displayed in silver.
The Innovative 1×2 Gaming Versions
A special mention has to go to 1×2 Gaming, as this developer has a number of unusual variants of keno in its catalog. In Tutan, scarab beetles scurry up the screen to cover the numbers, in Pop, colorful balls float across and burst over them, and in Kenolab, the tone is very scientific. The balls come through a test tube, and the funnel of bubbling liquid on the right-hand side displays the payouts. Probably the quirkiest of these versions is Keno Kickoff. This is played with just 40 numbers, which are marked on a football pitch. The maximum amount that can be chosen is ten. During the draw, players run along the touchline with the winning numbers on their shirts, and the footballs drop onto the pitch.
The Banking Options at a Mobile Casino
When you want to add some funds to your account, you can do so in the standard way. You will have access to all the regular site facilities on your smartphone and tablet, and this includes the banking services. The payment options available to you will usually include all the major credit and debit cards, bank transfers and popular e-wallets.
You may also have a few additional possibilities, which are especially for mobile users. In some locations, you can use your mobile phone to make payments, although this isn’t an option for withdrawals, as yet. This is popular amongst players for its convenience, but also because of the security aspect. There isn’t any need to share your personal banking details with the venue, and it only takes a couple of minutes to top up your funds.
Boku is one provider of this type of service. The set-up means that you simply have to input the amount you want to deposit and your mobile phone number. You’ll receive an SMS message as confirmation, and then you will need to send a text in response. Once this has been done, the deposit can be processed.
Security Tips for Playing on Mobile
There are a few additional precautions that you should take whenever you’re accessing one of the online casinos on a mobile device. Passwords and financial information should never be stored on it. That way, if it gets lost or stolen, no one else will have access to any of your personal details. You should always make sure that you’ve logged out after your gaming session has finished. It’s also advisable to activate the screen lock whenever you aren’t using it, too. As long as you keep to these simple guidelines, you will be able to enjoy the freedom of playing on your smartphone or tablet without experiencing any issues.
Playing Keno on Mobile
Keno is one of the most popular categories at the online venues, and it’s one that translates well to the smaller screen. You will often have the option of either downloading a native app or using one of the in-browser ones. In terms of games selection, you’ll find a varied assortment listed on the sites. In most cases, you’ll find the classic version, but there are several variants around, and so you can pick the one that most appeals to you.
It’s possible to access the full banking services of the casinos on your mobile, so you can add funds to your account in the usual way. Probably the best part about playing on your smartphone or tablet is the convenience that it offers. You can play a few rounds from virtually any location, and it really is a great way to fill a few spare moments of the day.
Most certainly this is our favorite casino at the moment! Check out the full review to learn why we ranked it so high!
- LIVE KENO
- CUSTOMER CARE
- REGULAR OFFERS
- GAMES VARIETY
- DOWNLOAD OPTION